ABSTRACT SUBMISSION AND POSTER GUIDELINES
Note: Register yourself here before submitting abstract in your WIOC2018 account. Please login to your account using username and password that will be sent to your e-mail after completing the registration.
10th WORLD IMPLANT ORTHODONTIC CONFERENCE
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION AND POSTER GUIDELINES
On behalf of The 10th World Implant Orthodontic Conference and 13th Annual Meeting of The Indonesian Association of Orthodontists committee, we would like to extend our appreciation to all authors who want to publish their scientific article in this event.
We are pleased to accept orthodontic research article or case report, which would be delivered in poster presentation. Authors who wish to participate in the Scientific Awards, the topic is limited to Temporary Anchorage Devices or Mini-Implant. However, the committee does not limit topic to authors who only wish to publish their orthodontic work in this conference without participating the Scientific Awards.
Please refer to the following instruction for abstract submission and poster preparation:
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstract should be written ONLY in English and it should not exceed 250 words (max). It should be typed on A4 paper using MS Word Program with Times New Roman (TNR) font, 11-point, and 1.5 line spacing.
The abstract title should be less than 15 words, clear, and concise and typed TNR font, 12-point bold. The author’s name and co-author’s full name (start with Surname than First Name followed with academic degree) should be followed by name and department of the institutions that the authors are affiliated and these affiliations are to be numbered accordingly in superscript (all typed in TNR 11 point). A valid corresponding e-mail address of the main author should be submitted. Failure to do this will delay any form of communications between the committee and the author.
The Scientific Awards in this conference will be classified into 2 (two) categories, Research Article and Case Report. The committee would not accept Literature Review.
Content of abstracts includes:
For Research Article:
Should be structured with subtitles: Introduction, Objectives, Material and Methods, Results, and Conclusion (underlined)
For Case Report:
A narrative paragraph that includes introduction, objectives, concise description of the case being reported, and a conclusion. The committee would only accept orthodontic case report that has been finished/debonded with high standard of finishing.
Submitted research article/case report is containing original work and has not been submitted/published earlier in any journal. Also, it is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Each participant may submit maximum 2 (two) abstracts; limited to 1 (one) abstract in each category.
Abstracts could be submitted through online submission via our website www.wioc2018.com EXTENDED to 31 March 2018
The scientific committee will then evaluate the content of each abstract and make the final selection of the abstract for presentation. Abstracts not complying with the specified format will not be considered.
Accepted abstract will be notified by e-mail to the author. Presenter of the accepted abstract must then be registered and complete the payment as participant of 10th World Implant Orthodontic Conference (WIOC) and 13th Annual Meeting of The Indonesian Association of Orthodontists.
GUIDELINES FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
- All poster presentation should be in English.
- Your poster will be displayed vertically, and the size of your poster should be 90 cm (width) x 120 cm (height).
- Poster ID will be placed on the upper part of each poster board.
- Author’s names, affiliations and countries should be included in the poster. The title should be the same as the one in your abstract.
- ONLY the FIRST author passport photo should be placed on the top right corner of the poster. You may put a picture of the university logo (symbol) or your institute affiliation on the top left corner.
- Poster content should be clear and concise with good color contrast (all tables and pictures should be clearly labeled).
- Content of Research Poster Presentation should be organized as follows:
Introduction (brief), Aims and Hypotheses, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion (brief) and Conclusion.
- Content of Case Report Poster Presentation should be organized as follows:
Introduction (brief), Diagnosis, Aims of Treatment, Treatment Progress, Discussion and Conclusion. Please provide good quality of extra and intra oral photographs (pre and post treatment), good quality of pre and post treatment x-rays (panoramic, cephalometrics). Please DO NOT use photographs of study models to replace intra-oral photographs. Cephalometrics measurement of pre and post treatment should also be clearly described.
- Authors who wish to participate in the Scientific Awards will have limited topic on Temporary Anchorage Devices or Mini-Implant. However, the committee does not limit topic to authors who don’t participate in the Scientific Awards.
- Authors who wish to participate in the Scientific Awards must be enrolled as orthodontic residents or orthodontists who had graduated not more than the last 5 (five) years. This term does not apply to authors who don’t participate in the Scientific Awards.
- Local authors who also wish their research article or case report to be published in Majalah Ortodontik, must submit full paper 1 (one) month at the latest after related research article or case report abstract get accepted. Full paper format will be informed soon.
- There will be no printing facility at the conference venue. It is recommended that you hand-carry your poster to the venue, using tubular packaging or a portfolio case. Costs associated with creating and shipping the poster display will be the responsibility of the presenters.
- It is mandatory that authors, who registered as presenter of research or case report poster presentation award, must present the poster in poster.
- The duration of poster presentation is 15 minutes presentation, followed by 5 minutes Questions and Answers (Q & A).
- Presenters will receive a certificate as WIOC Research Article or Case Report Poster Presenter.
- Presenters must remove their posters on Saturday 8 September 2018 at 2 PM. Otherwise, your posters will be removed and disposed.
- The winner of Research and Case Report Award will be announced on the 7 September 2018 during the Gala Dinner.